{Çause õf Ðeath}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{Çause õf Ðeath}

***ÇõÐ Is Kind Of Like 7-11, We May Not Always Be Doing Business, But We Are Always Open.***

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Combat Elite is OVER?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scratch

scratch

Male
Number of posts : 20
FAV ALL-TIME MAP : Northport
GAMING RIG AND OS : 9600GT, Dual Core 1.6ghz , 4gb ram , Vista Starter
Registration date : 2009-11-15

True Combat Elite is OVER? Empty
PostSubject: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:30 am

TC:E is over??? True Combat Elite is OVER? Affraid what i will do now in my weeks??? True Combat Elite is OVER? Affraid

But why is over?

Reasons:
0.50 Canceled
Clans Dieing
Players Stop Playing

What do you think??
Is over or NOT

If you dont want see another game going to hell... Call your friends to PLAY.

For me TC:E is a awesome game and i saw much new players playing...
But 0.50 canceled! grrrr i want see what tce have to show!!!
Back to top Go down
$tea1th
ÇõÐ's $hock & Awe
$tea1th

Male
Number of posts : 527
FAV ALL-TIME MAP : RailHouse
GAMING RIG AND OS : i5 Intel CPU - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 - 16GB G-Skill Sniper Ram - Samsung 850Pro SSD 512GB - Realtek Sound - GTX 660 Ti - Windows 7 64 bit
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:45 pm

For a while now, I've tried to be the voice of reason. But nobody seems to listen. I've watched mods or games start and die over the course of 11 years now.

When people's foolish pride gets in the way of supporting developers, and when people only play with their buddies in funwars instead of pub, you will see the game slowly die.
Yes, there are slow moments, but face it, there isn't as much action as last year, or the year before for that matter.

Its stems from no further development, or a lack of interest and support for further development. Not putting new maps on the servers for whatever reason. Even new weapons, textures, and models help revive the game sometimes.
But it is inevitable that TC:E will die. Its just a question of when, not if.
Nobody thought Quake3 True Combat would die, but it did.

The community is interested in who frags who, and who's the best. All they can do is have Nations Cup or some kind of championship to get the community involved. But guess what, only a hand few of people are involved. All the clicks, all the meshed, tightly bonded buddies are involved in such an event.

When people start listening to the voice of experience and reason, then things will change. Otherwise, R.I.P TC:E.

Note: The thoughts and views expressed here do not entirely reflect those of the Unit = Cause Of Death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scwd.us
ßíGßí®Ð
Admin
ßíGßí®Ð

Male
Number of posts : 617
FAV ALL-TIME MAP : Dustlike
GAMING RIG AND OS : AMD 2.8GHZ 1.5GBRAM XPPRO
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:52 am

I personally don't see the big reason why everyone needs to cry "tce is dead/dying/etc" It is what we make it. It's our pasttime. It's our vice. If your gonna stress about it take a step back and rub one out. Otherwise just get in and enjoy a few rounds. Wanna take initiative? Promote. Bring in people from all walks of life... noobs/pro's/hackers/scripters/haters/etc bring them all. We can weed them out later all the while enjoying the traffic.

Something I dont understand is if there are so many people wishin' to "make a move" why don't they simply band together and rename all of our servers "www.truecombatelite.com gametype clan" that alone would stand out and start pulling in a % of the thousands playing ET out of curiousity and to the official site. Now what they see on the forums of the trolls whining and crying about a "dying mod" is their own to judge. It sure doesn't help. Wink

While others are grabbing and brainstorming other lines of traffic, the above method would be a great boost.

OR if we could finally get a server(s) that had primarily bots like ET servers do, people would be more inclined to join the servers as opposed to all the empty ones....put them to use! Dont just leave them empty. Bots and live players CAN play together! Could rename one or two servers "Beginners Bots..etc" and while ingame have constant msgs pop up from console explaining cliff notes on gameplay and tips. Talk about a nice way for noobs and beginners to educate and familiarize themselves with TCE! Smile

Sometimes you don't need to think outside the box to achieve what you want. It's relatively easy, sometimes just like new maps, when people are confronted with something different, they pack up and run the other way.

In the end, all I need is one enemy on the other team for me to enjoy TC:E. Until there is no one left to be my statistic. I as long as CoD will be here to stay.

P.s. $tealth!!! miss you carnale! Come own with us sometime soon!
Back to top Go down
http://cause-of-death.com
$tea1th
ÇõÐ's $hock & Awe
$tea1th

Male
GAMING RIG AND OS : i5 Intel CPU - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 - 16GB G-Skill Sniper Ram - Samsung 850Pro SSD 512GB - Realtek Sound - GTX 660 Ti - Windows 7 64 bit

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 5:30 am

Yo carnale, Thanks for the invite! I'm really concentrating on finishing ship for the community. I myself do not want TC:E to die. So I'm doing something about it.

Man!! you should see the below deck of ship, Its sick!! I think, or I hope this is going to be a hit. I have a script for freight elevators below deck. The doors shut automatically before it goes up or down. And wait, there's more!! I'm implementing the camera system on both sides. It should be interesting. Basically features that have never been seen before in TC:E.

Also, I've been in correspondence with a guy who does this professionally, He has done work for Infinity Ward, Capcom, Activision, and Electronic Arts. Hes helping me with the horizon to make it as real as possible for the ET engine. I cant wait to show people my work. But I still have a ways to go.

And yes, when this horrible shift is over, Dec 7th, I will find myself along side some of the best players of TC:E, that is CoD of course.
Back to top Go down
scratch

scratch

Male

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:37 am

BigBird you are a genius!

That idea of servers for begginners its just awesome.If TC:E do a expasion of bots will be very cool train without lag...

I have one reason to do that post: Let's accept the TRUE of the games.
Back to top Go down
Daywalker
ÇõÐ's Soldier Of The Apocalypse
Daywalker

Male
Number of posts : 340
FAV ALL-TIME MAP : Village
GAMING RIG AND OS : Windows XP, Curently running on a Toshiba laptop :(
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:03 pm

There have been 2 successful tourneys held over the last 3 months, and another tourney is to begin next summer, nope TCE aint dead yet Razz
Back to top Go down
scratch

scratch

Male

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 am

True Combat Elite is OVER? Fresse i will play wls!

True Combat Elite is OVER? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
makZ
Çõп Friend
makZ

Male
Number of posts : 62
FAV ALL-TIME MAP : Depot
GAMING RIG AND OS : ghetto
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:19 pm

stealth!! i never see u online anymore on xfire!! what happened to u teachin me all this so we together can make shit happen? haha just playin man i kno u got loads of responsibilities, but anyways, try to catch me on xfire one of these days! peace!
Back to top Go down
http://www.high-times.com
$tea1th
ÇõÐ's $hock & Awe
$tea1th

Male

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Oh hey buddy, just saw this now. sorry for not responding in time. Um ya I've been crammed with personal stuff. I'm the Music leader at our church and they have been giving me a ton of Christmas songs to learn and organize for our choir. Its very hectic right now. But I assume after the holidays, things will calm down and I will get back to mapping and helping you bro. I hope you move to Cali, we have a lot to discuss.

To tell you the truth I haven't a clue why I'm still mapping for these shit heads. I just keep trying to remind myself its for familia and friends in TCE instead of the douche bags out there. Sorry for the rant he he.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Combat Elite is OVER?   True Combat Elite is OVER? Empty

Back to top Go down

True Combat Elite is OVER?
Page 1 of 1